5.14.2013

Stickiness

I did it, guys! I made it through an entire shift of making ice cream at work without licking my fingers once! And it was super hard, let me tell you that. Now my arms are completely covered with spattered ice cream. Yum... haha.. jk. It was really easy at first, because things were slow and my trainer was really sweet (her name was Abby). I was apparently supposed to watch this tutorial thing from "Butterburger University" (oooo... exciting) about how to make stuff, but nobody thought to show it to me, and I didn't ask, so she taught me everything. And then my boss Debbie remembered that I had to watch the video, and it was TORTUOUS!!! ugh. To add to the loveliness, it was not just like 10 minutes of boredom. It was more like 45 minutes of torture. By the time I emerged from Butterburger University, things were already picking up and I was flung into the midst of it. Luckily, I was sort of kind of not really prepared, so I just started, and hoped upon hope that nothing bad would happen. Of course, things picked up at like 7:30 (really? who eats dinner at 7:30?) and everyone wanted shakes cuz it was hot out, and so I started freaking out and spazzing, and I made the wrong order. But, luckily when my brain goes into panic mode, a small part stays sane, and is also very commanding, because that little part started shouting "HEY! KIRA! GET IT TOGETHER! FOCUS!" Then things went a lot better because I stopped looking at all the orders and just concentrated on one at a time. So it actually turned out to be kind of fun. I'm sure you all know this by now, but I deal so much better with chaos and stress than boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment