3.13.2014

Stupid People

I have no patience for stupid people.

Now, I don't mean people who are just lacking knowledge. For instance, my grandpa never graduated from high school, and he still has problems reading things well. But it's not his fault. He wasn't raised in a world where that was especially important. You could get off pretty well without a super exclusive education, and he's always trying to learn new things, and he doesn't stop reading articles about philosophy or politics just because he has a little trouble with getting through it. No, the kind of person that annoys me is the person who has complete access to information and the brain power to be intelligent, but they choose not to. Like, all they have to do is use the ear-holes that God so graciously gave them on either side of their face, and, all of a sudden, they would be 500x smarter.

Example 1: Today, my Civics teacher was talking about Cuba, and how they might be opening their economy to more private-owned business (see? listening skills right there). Mr. Roth started talking about how if Cuba becomes more open with their economy, it would open up the.... (here is where he paused to have us guess what he's talking about. it usually takes a while for someone to respond. our class is full of jocks who spend their entire class beating each other up and i usually get caught in the crossfire of a thrown pencil or chucked binder) and somebody blurted out "ORANGES. It would open up the economy for ORANGES." Excuse me while I slam my face into the desk repeatedly. NO YOU WHO HAVE RADISHES FOR BRAINS. It would open up the TOURISM OPPORTUNITIES. I know I'm guilty of saying stupid things in class sometimes, but 1) 97% of the time, it's in AP Lang, where I rarely think about what I say because it's a class where I don't really have to use my brain, and 2) My stupid remarks are usually for comedic purposed (i'm super funny, i swear).

Okay, that last example made me just seem kind of a full-of-herself ultra-nerd, with the whole Cuban economy thing. But I'll give you a better example of an infuriating person.

Last year, I was in a class with a pretty non-intelligent teacher by Hamilton's standards. Don't get me wrong, I liked her well enough. She was nice. But, honestly, she wasn't that bright. But, hey, it was okay, because she was teaching a class full of people with the same capacity. Like, one day we were going over exam on Beowulf, where we were going to be given quotes from the EPIC TALE (not just a normal novel or something. an EPIC TALE) and we'd have to figure out who said the quotes, so that she'd know we read the book and could identify the characters and stuff. Pretty straightforward. But one girl raised her hand, and was like (*insert stupid voice here*) "Wait... how are we going to know who said each quote?" I actually turned around and said something scathingly sarcastic to her. I don't remember what. I just remember it was snarky enough that one of my friends actually kind of whispered to me, "Kira... don't you think you're overreacting?" It's just... I was stuck in that class listening to a less-than-intelligent teacher, and literally I would sit there fiddling with my friend's (the scolding one i mentioned before) and not paying attention at all, and this pushed me over the edge. I was just SO bored and fed up with stupid people.

So. Yeah. Stupid people annoy me. Rant finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment